View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #1
skrath
Mascot

OT - Looking for GMs for in-depth fantasy basketball league

Seeking some new GMs for my fantasy basketball league, JBL, which has been around in some form since 1991. I’ve recently relaunched the league and the site and have been adding features and automation over the last season. There have been members from FOFC in the league previously so hoped to find some more dedicated GMs here!

As a JBL GM, you are in charge of a storied basketball franchise, and have to draft, sign, trade and manage your players, staff and their personalities to construct your team.

JBL is a huge basketball universe that comprises the pro league, as well as high school, college and European leagues (think Football Manager for basketball). While similar to the NBA, JBL differs slightly in its modelling to other basketball simulations, and isn't intended on being a complete replica of the NBA, nor its rules. It is streamlined to focus on the things that matter - roster/player development, statistical analysis, personality management. As the league runs off a custom simulation engine (developed over many years) it is not bound by the same rules or limitations that other sim leagues may have, and allows me to add new features and keep innovating.

Features of the league:
  • Games are simulated each day to a semi-realistic schedule
  • Full advanced player stats and metrics, including shooting splits, clutch stats, lineup statistics, detailed boxscores, etc.
  • Complete scouting module, including sending scouts to college
  • Realistic salary cap management, free agency negotiations, drafting, signing coaches and staff
  • A separate college universe that features all 351 Division I teams that feeds players into the pro league, which has all boxscores, stats, news etc available. All players are available to be scouted and drafted. European and other world leagues are opening to full scouting early next year.
  • GMs use Slack to keep in touch, trade and discuss the league.
  • League podcast with analysis, previews etc.
  • One of our GMs is a merchandise creator, so we have full customised jerseys with players' names on the back etc.

Despite the in-depth nature of the league, it’s pretty easy to set a team and make changes (all web-based with no software to download), but even more satisfying and addictive when engaging fully. You'll be down the rabbit hole in no time, especially if you get into scouting.

There are quite a few teams still available (existing teams as well as expansion teams) so taking anyone who is interested. We're a few weeks away from the draft and free agency so there’s a great chance to build your team the way you want.

Some links to check out if you’re interested:
Front page: JBL - Home. We have had 1600 articles written in 5 seasons, an average of around 5 articles per day.
Advanced Statistics Leaders: JBL | Leaders
Play Type Leaders: JBL | Leaders
Coaching Profiles: http://jblfl.com/coaches.php?id=57
Detailed Box Scores with Shot Charts and Game Logs: Fireballs 104 Predators 96
Player Statistics: http://jblfl.com/playerstats?team=Predators&year=2025
Full ‘About’ page for more details on the league: About
Guide for new GMs: JBL | About

Please let me know if you’re interested!

Last edited by skrath : 06-26-2019 at 09:17 PM.
skrath is offline   Reply With Quote