View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 02:16 PM   #3
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

FA1

We're able to trade QB Martinez to Tucker for their 2+3+4+5 picks, which feels pretty shameful for the 2nd best QB in the game in his 6th year. But hey, good for the challenge I guess. Also good for the challenge... this 50% cap reduction foolishness we've set ourselves onto. We did what we had to but this feels like it's going to be difficult. We'll see as it goes, but we really can't afford to do much of anything. Some of the trimming we're doing now is going to hurt us this year and next with lost cap room as well. I guess it will get marginally easier when we've got some of that space in the future.

We bring in QB Caiden Logan (31/39) in this period to compete with holdover backup QB Talley. Neither look like solutions but they sign cheap.

Draft

We probably should just trade down or out for cap reasons (awesome), but we're dumb and really like a CB that's staring at us at 1.4. We ultimately take a weird trade for a 2+3+4+1st next year from Augusta. I'm sure we left some meat on the bone for some kind of all out trade against the AI's bad pick value logic, but we're just DOING THINGS. And the cap reduction has me shook.

2.3 LB Devan Henry
2.5 DT Jace Wolcott
2.7 FS Ted Matthews

Our first pick of this career is a DE-weight LB with big potential. We're gonna be thin at LB this year, and everywhere soon enough, so I like this one. DT Wolcott should be able to help immediately, and FS Matthews is a 211 lb guy who can hopefully shed some weight for a CB move.

We fill out with a bunch of other picks, including a hopefully complete stud punter (who will get plenty of work). We'll see how they hit the roster and what our team looks like when he get through to camp. Probably a bit more detail when we look at position groups then.

Code:
Pick #35 Hanalei OLB Devan Henry Pick #37 Hanalei DT Jace Wolcott Pick #39 Hanalei S Ted Matthews Pick #66 Hanalei P Edwin Buchanan Pick #68 Hanalei TE Michael McWilliams Pick #70 Hanalei DE Edward Rodgers Pick #99 Hanalei FB Nathan Glenn Pick #101 Hanalei RB Rufus Curtis Pick #103 Hanalei OLB Heath Ferguson Pick #132 Hanalei T George Ellison Pick #134 Hanalei QB Francisco Bowles Pick #165 Hanalei CB Shane Owens Pick #196 Hanalei S Louis Murray
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote