View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 10:13 PM   #42
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

FA1/Draft

Should we move on from DE Blackledge? G Doug Shepard is still showing as a 60/60 guy. He's been our Offensive Captain for the last 4 seasons despite not being our Offensive Line Leader. He's heading into year 11 and the last year of a contract that makes him our third highest paid player. DE Blackledge has been our Defensive Captain for the last 4 years as well. And he's never been a leader. It's a different mechanism I know. We almost definitely should move on from Shepard.

We need a QB. There's not much out there. There are 3 starter quality guys in the draft class. They're the top 3 rated guys so fat chance one of them slides to 1.32. Might be time to trade up into the teens or something though if Weber signs.

There's really not much to do in FA1. SS Matthews is not asking for the sun and moon on a contract. I think we'll hold him through the draft and see how things play out. We can cut/trade if we feel good about our depth. We can keep if we end up moving other pieces to clear the way for something real. Maybe we can extend too.

Buddy Weber is not one of the six QBs that make the Grey Sheet. Disrespect. Old friend Marlon Pyatt is though. He's thrown 49 career passes and wants to sign in stage 6.

Weber doesn't sign..

The three draft QBs go off the board in the first six picks. So much for that.

Code:
Pick #32 Hanalei T Shane Sawyer Pick #64 Hanalei TE Christopher Shumate Pick #84 Hanalei G Colby Shockey Pick #96 Hanalei WR Gerald Beeson Pick #107 Hanalei K Kyle Narcisse Pick #115 Hanalei DE Spencer Padilla Pick #128 Hanalei DT William Skelton Pick #138 Hanalei CB Jalen Sewell Pick #160 Hanalei QB Conrad Shelton Pick #192 Hanalei DE Theodore McKnight Pick #224 Hanalei OLB Jermaine Bernstein

We lost our LT Ellison this offseason. (He was playing RT mostly, but still.) We're lucky to get a guy who might actually be a long term LT option for us. This was a little overkill on the mid/late courtesy picks we've built up. You can get a pretty good sense for my excitement level based on where guys went relative to the kicker.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote