Old 03-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #445
Radii
Head Coach

2015/16 Recruiting Preview

We're graduating 3 players this year and i have 3 scholarships available:

SF Kaylen Lufkin - 79 OVR - starter, key player

SG Chuck Lamkin - 73 OVR - starter

PF Curtis Watson - 78 OVR - starter

the "key player" designation is an arbitrary one made up by me. When Lamkin leaves, sure we're losing a starter, but I'm not concerned about my ability to win without him. Same with Watson. Lufkin however has a lot of talent and I believe he's going to be critical for us.

Also this year its worth looking ahead. We're graduating these 3 starters this year. Next year we're going to graduate Mendoza and Murphy, our two PG's, Keller, a quality center, and Garcia - backup SG who might be starting next season after Lamkin leaves.

So over the next two seasons we're graduating 7 players, 6 of them who are legitimate contributors today.

Recruiting Needs/Goals

I think I need to land a big man. With one leaving this year and one next year I likely need to make sure I land one in each of the next two years.

A nice SG would be good, Lamkin and Garcia aren't that special, a good SG could become a 4 year starter. However, its not critical. I could start Murphy and Mendoza next year if I don't find an ideal candidate. I'm also losing a SF where my likely backup next year(Snowden) is not very good, and will be losing two PG's next year...

um, that all adds up to the following:

I must land a big man

After that, I can go best available between PG/SG/SF and make it work.

Initial Offers

3* C Darryl Withers - #397 OVR/#33 C - Toronto, CN

Withers seems like someone I have a legit shot to land in the early signing period. He has offers from me and Niagara. I think I can outrecruit them. There are a couple higher rated centers that have interest in me as well, but Withers is 7 feet tall and that is worth at least a couple ratings points.

4* PG Isaac Gamble - JC FR - Memphis, TN

Gamble looks *good*, and he likes Ohio. Some bigger schools have a shot at him but we're right in the mix. We have him at 86%, not likely to land him in the early signing period but we have a legit shot. I really like his scouting grades... A- speed, B- defense, C+ hands/passing, C+ med/3 point shot, B+ off the dribble. B- steals... he looks like someone that could leapfrog murphy and mendoza.

4* PG John Mccully - #60 OVR/#29 PG - Euclid, OH

McCully rates being close to home above playing at a big program, which gives us hope. While he does favor some bigger schools, West Virginia, Charlotte, and Michigan, we are the only one "close to home" in his top 5. And these bigger schools aren't sitting at 100% just waiting to steal him away. They're in the 70% range just like we are. Seems like a lot of teams have a fair shot at him.

My hopes at this point are to land Withers in the early signing period. That way i can pursue the two 4* PGs all the way through the season as long as it appears I still have a shot at them, and can start working heavily on backup targets in case I lose them.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote