View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 07:03 AM   #1658
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

This is an Amazon Prime show but it seems like the thread has kind of become Netflix, Hulu, Prime...

Electric Dreams has been solid. Now two disclaimers I am a huge Phillip Dick fan (so much so that I dislike the movie Blade Runner as it strays from the source material ) and I am only two episodes in (the top two ranked as well) but it definitely has a Phillip Dick vibe along with a less out there Black Mirror feel. I love Black Mirror also so this isn't a rip on that just another enjoyable 10 episode series if you like that sort of stuff. I felt like by going with ten separate stories they didn't hit the Man in the High Castle problem of dragging on a 200 hundred page book over multiple seasons. The episode The Commuter really made me think about life and family a lot more than tv shows have recently. Would put it up there with Black Mirror's San Junipero. Worth a look...

On a side note my Amazon ads have me really interested in Counterpart but it apparently requires a subscription to STARZ. I was a HUGE fan of Rubicon so if anyone has watched Counterpart and has any positive opinions I may shell out the monthly subscription to watch.

Last edited by panerd : 01-22-2018 at 07:10 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote