View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 07:05 PM   #255
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

As the new year begans, I think I'm going to try a different writing style for my dynasty. When I started Coach Sims's story, I honestly didn't anticipate it running even as long as it has. I figured one of these things would happen:
  1. 1. Graham Sims would be fired and languish in a semi-permanent state of unemployment. The limitations of the dynasty--only accepting jobs at Pennsylvania schools--would keep Coach Sims out of work long enough that I'd tire of the process and say "that's enough."
  2. 2. I would simply become busy, bored, or both, and stop writing the story. It would drop farther and farther down the Dynasty Reports page, never to be heard from again.

Instead, four months or so after I started it, I'm still enjoying Coach Sims' story very much. He's in his early 40s now, and I think I'd like to follow his career until he retires. With any luck, that might be 30 or 35 "game years" from now. With a story of that scope in mind, I'm going to move away from the game-by-game reports for now, and write about each season more concisely.

I'll report on recruiting classes when they're completed, and I might use January 1 as a handy point at which to summarize the season to date before I wrap things up at season's end. I like writing the Senior Tributes, so I'll continue with those.

Of course, if I discover the new format isn't fun, I'll go back to the old one, or try something completely different. To any of you who are following the story, thanks for reading, and I hope you continue to read along.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote