View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #26
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's some of my favorites.

Anne McCaffrey: Talked about above, But her Pern series was my soul food series growing up

Piers Anthony Xanth: It's faded a bit, as some of the subtext in Piers Anthony's novels became clearer, but it was a fantasy world with puns, and it was great to me growing up.

David Weber (Safehold and War God's series): Safehold is a weird combo of fantasy (set in a world deliberately restricted in technology to avoid extermination by aliens) and science fiction (A member of the original Federation is brought to life in a mechanical shell to bring them out) War God's series, is more classic fantasy, but I love the fact that it deals with issues that have real world parallels. Plus it has it's moments of funny too.

Lord of the Rings: What more can be said.

Dragonlance Original Chronicles (I read a bunch of their stuff, but the original trilogy is what stayed with me. "We do not mourn the loss of those who die fufilling their destinies". (about Sturm Brightblade) still gives me the chills)