View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #242
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Partial credit only for this answer :P. You do get them from practice matches(the higher group you are in, the more you get per win; 45 for the top group, 25 for the second, then 14, 7, 4, 2, 1. if you are down low enough, I think Group 9 or below, you get nothing). However, you also get points equal to the ranking points your player earns in tournaments. For example, winning a Masters is 1000 ranking points and 1000 manager points.

Once you start accumulating manager points, you will also notice another aspect: you lose some of them weekly, so if you do nothing your manager points will decline. If you are VIP you lose 1.5%; free managers lose 1%(this is to off-set the advantage of the VIP managers getting four players instead of two). At first this means basically nothing and is not noticeable. As you move up though it's more and more noticeable; I lose almost 500 points a week this way, so if I'm not bringing in a considerable amount on a particular week, my total will drop.

OK so two questions 1) when do you get Manager points. Do they come as soon as your player completes a practice round or exits the tourney they are in or do they come at the end of the week. And now 2) and this is the one I'm having the most trouble with.

So I currently have 95 manager points that I can use for hiring players. Here is what my 4 players did this week.
John Hart got knocked out of his JG5 tourney in singles in Qualifying and shows no points but he and his partner Seamus won the Doubles in the same JG5 and he shows 20 there. Since that's a doubles win I would expect 10 Manager Points.
Seamus Hughes was the other half of the doubles team that took the crown so again 20 becoming 10 MPs. He also progressed further in Singles and ended up with 15 pts for bowing out in the Semis so I believe I get all those points so 25 for Seamus or 35 total MPs so far.
George O'Shea got 2 points for a QF finish in singles and 3 for a SF in doubles. Rounding down I see that as 3 MPs or now 38 total.
Richard Hanlon my fourth player had a practice week and played singles only. He went 3 and 2 in Juniors group 2 with his listings being 3 Pts 2+, 9+, 1-, 2-, 7+ so did he earn me 45 MPs for the 3 wins or the points listed in the boxes 2+9-1-2+7= 15? I am totally confused.

Basically I thought I was going to have enough saved up to buy a trainer in last nights overnight and came in 56 points short which tells me either a) the points are getting added on the fly and I'm not doing a good job keeping track which is eminently possible and/or fixable or I have no effing clue how the points are being awarded and I just need to be patient hoping that I stumble onto a way to earn what I need piecing together the info I laid out above.

In short HELP!!

Thanks,
Dave
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote