View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #173
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm hoping that with another couple of recruiting classes we are in a position to reload every year instead of having to rebuild from time to time. But I think that will be hard until the prestige moves up a little higher. USC was definitely in "reload" mode when I left them, although they are starting to show cracks this year after some massive defections.

Where is it at for your UCLA team now, Chief? That USC team was in the mid/high 80s.

They were at 83 last year. I haven't checked yet for this season, but I always do aty the beginning of the new season (halfway through recruiting at the moment).

My UCLA squad jumped up to 69 (from 66) after the national championship run, but we fell one to 68 after falling to 8-5. I am hoping to get that number back up again next year, of course.

Your strong recrutiing classes will get you closer to that reload mode, I think, even if your prestige isn't all that high, and of course, then they will just build off each other. My recruting classes the past four years have been 17, 37, 6, 16 in rankings, and I think that has helped me. I am also off to a good start in my current recruiting, including landing a bluechip running back, but I have a lot of big targets to go after still--it's always tough to tell who I will actually end up with.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote