View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #188
hoopsguy
General Manager

USC is getting their game face on for our matchup. And Arizona State pays the price: 73-6 final.

Oregon and Arizona also pick up wins, so we have a tight race in the conference and all four teams are positioning for the playoffs. More on that next post.

Our pass defense has really been amazing the last two games. We are not surrendering a very high completion percentage at all. On the downside, we are penalty-prone and give up 1-2 big plays per game but I still like what these guys are doing this year.

The offense only had 304 yards, which is pretty piss-poor. Without a lot of turnovers that isn't going to get the job done when USC comes calling in three weeks. We will take advantage of that break to see if we can get healthy.

Brown had 33 carries for 119 yards - defenses are really ganging up on him lately. But another 2 TDs brings him to 14 on the year. I'm guessing he is among the league leaders in yards and TDs. He already has a career high for TDs and could pass his mark of 1433 yards with a big game against USC (needs 130 to tie). Also, he has cut his fumbles down.

Greg Brewer fumbled twice in this game. Glad that is out of his system (it had better be).

0 sacks this game is a bit of a concern, but I'll assume we were dropping extra men in coverage.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote