View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #18
Izulde
Head Coach

Ingrid is neither pretty enough nor stats-sexy enough to make a concubine, so I simply release her, because her husband doesn't care about her and won't pay the 10 gold to get her out of jail.

Gavelkind is my bane - I had two daughters in the war for Medelpad, which means a split inheritance should I die right about now.

In November of 871, Bjorn becomes Just, which means hooray, no over max demense penalty!

But some months later, I get this stern warning note:

Time to go raiding, I guess, even though I've never done it before.

I very quickly discover I don't know how to raid. I raise my levies, raise my fleet, and land on a random Christian county... and nothing happens.

A Google search reveals what I needed to do, but guess what? The fleet refuses to dock into an enemy port, even though the arrow is green, which means I have to disband my levy and lose almost 200 troops. Not.happy.

So I've pretty much wasted a bunch of time, money, and troops here. But wait - it gets worse.

...Joy.

Chance of stopping that? Zero. And Fairhair won't accept my surrender to try and save Medelpad, which is in Sweden, not Norway, from being razed.

Then this hits:

Now I'm thinking oh effing great. But then I realize something...

Cut out Fairhair from adding another territory to form Norway and save Medelpad? Hells yes.

The good Petty King is pissed, so much so that he offers to give me back my second daughter for 26 gold. I tell him to stuff it. My eldest daughter was as good at 2 years old as second one is at 5, so no loss.

Even more interesting?

My crownly ambition switches to Sweden, likely because of my primary title change.

But this guy wants to be King of Sweden, too

12 vassals to my, um, 0. Not good.

Fortunately, there's opportunity:

It takes hiring a weakened Lappish Band to do it, but at the end of the day, we have 23 gold in our pocket and we control two Swedish counties.

I'll close out with an awesome event.

Take that, gavelkind.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote