View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 04:24 AM   #140
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Saw Sons of Texas again last night (last time was, I think? last summer), first time as a headliner.

A band couldn't be tighter than they are right now, 5 guys all appearing to be at the top of their game at the same time.

I've seen that happen maybe 3 other times in my life. (Scorpions in '88, A7x around the beginning of the Nightmare tour, 10 Years 2-3 years back) and it's just f'n magical when you see it and know it's happening. Humbling almost.

Had a unique experience before the show too. Hanging outside the venue mostly since two of the three local openers were {cough} uninspiring, what seemed to be just another fan walked up & said "you here for Sons of Texas"? (seemed like an odd question to ask since it's their f'n show, but okay) "Yeah" ... "Don't move, be right back"

Maybe a minute later, he returns ... with the singer in tow. A very cool conversation follows, the gist of it was that he just wanted to thank us for being there to see them, that he knew weeknights could be rough, and that they really appreciated people making that effort.

Been going to shows for 34 years, never had that happen before a show. And damned sure not in this era of the paid "meet and greet".

edit to add: that seemingly random fan (I pieced together later) knows the band well, friend of theirs basically, and had noticed us and a few others outside who were clearly not there primarily to see anyone else.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-23-2019 at 04:26 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote