View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 12:50 PM   #343
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: No new injuries
One more game to hope the key players stay healthy.

Nah, we didn't go fully into pre-season mode, but I went through with the plan to rest many key players. I had hoped the defense could get by without Brady, Hitchcock and Richardson, while expecting the offense to not fall apart without Sheldon, Thongchanh, Bondy and Humphrey. So, Brandon Bell got his chance to show what he can do, while the defense (with the entire D-Line playing) had a chance to break the Iowa Cobbers' sack magnet. But hey, it's still football, sometimes freaky stuff happens. So, Brandon Bell got sacked 4 times (Francisco Farley once as well), while Iowa's sack magnet was sacked once and hurried three times. Yeah, so much for that working as one would expect.

So, we ended up losing 26-3, with two fumbles and one interception from Bell becoming crucial. Okay, I think we can now safely say he's never going to get any better than he was in his rookie season, it was all a fluke. Unless this game and all those last season were...

Standings:
1. Maassluis 10-4-1
2. Paris 8-6-1
3. Gothenburg 6-8-1
4. Bordeaux 5-10

We're now locked into the #2 seed. We still would have with a victory today as the Tucker Tigers crushed the Brooklyn Fightin' Bums 42-17. Paris somehow has made a miracle comeback in the wild card race, despite a freaky 13-13 tie today, they have jumped ahead of the third and fourth placed teams in the Southeast, it's quite possibly they get into the post-season by not losing at home against Gothenburg in week 17.

Oh yeah, we'll be visiting the Bordeaux Vineyards. I hope we win, but not picking up new injuries will be more important. And then off to week 19, to host one of the wild card round winners.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 07-30-2020 at 02:05 PM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote