View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 07:59 PM   #208
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The wife has begun getting texts from parents of her students concerned with what may happen in school this week. The kids in her class are grade level K-2 and some of them have compromised immune systems. Being that it is elementary school, this is a troubling situation on most days since there are also children throughout the school who are brought to school despite being obviously sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
My wife is a Special Ed teacher. I asked her tonight if school had given any guidance on coronavirus and she said nada.

I would think school systems would tell teachers that if they notice any of the symptoms to send kid to nurse and have kid checked out, or an email to parents saying if your kid is sick the kid has to "really, really" stay home (even if you think its just the flu) etc.

No afflicted yet in GA but am surprised at the lack of pro activeness here.

FWIW, I guess Washington State will be our prototype on how (or not) to react to an outbreak. Some schools were closed today.

My kids school sent out a communication over the weekend basically saying keep your sick kids home. They outlined what they were doing including extra sanatation, making sure kids are more proactive in washing, etc...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote