View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #59
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
But, those who break the laws eventually effect change that help everyone. Big business doesn't just go out of business when they're attacked like this; they adapt.

Thanks to the pirates, I get to listen to Rhapsody for roughly a price of a CD every month. I've paid this for years. I'm totally happy with the deal and the record companies have to be too. I used to buy maybe a CD a year and now they get me buying about 12 of them that I don't really own. As long as they cut in the musicians it's a win all around.

I'm not supporting pirates ( they're not producing anything of value after all ) but the activity of piracy causes companies to adapt to their circumstances and they explore alternative methods of making money off their product which benefits me. I like Netflix on demand too.

For me, you hit the nail on the head. Do I think piracy is legal or morally redeeming? No, but I do support the inevitable change it will bring about. Piracy is the result of inefficiencies in the market, whatever they may be, and piracy is the driving force that makes companies change and close these inefficiencies.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote