View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #71
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I would gladly pay to see game of thrones, but not 3 or 4 bucks an episode. I would gladly get HBO, but I can't afford to pay 70 bucks a month for cable and satellite isn't much cheaper or really that viable an option due to the startup costs. I would gladly buy DVD's, but I can't afford to drop 30 bucks on every movie I want to see and waiting and watching for a sale is something I don't have time for.. Same with music. I would love to buy the CD's I listen to, but I don't have a disposable income at the level it would need to be in order for me to purchase the albums I want to hear. If I made 40k a year, I would own a legal copy of probably 75% of the media I consume. If I could get HBO Go in my area I would. Same thing with Fios or any other streaming media option out there. For me, its a matter of not being able to afford things rather than trying to stick it to the man. I did pay for the Louis C.K. standup however, and hopefully the success of that will serve as a notice for "The big wigs" that there are other more viable and cheaper options these days to sell and promote your product.

So wait...I don't understand. You currently go without these things, or you download these things anyway?

I mean, I would "gladly" buy a BMW, but I don't have the money.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote