View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #79
molson
General Manager

The pirating industry must be really suffering with all these legal options for things.

I don't think regular consumer-pirating is any kind of big deal in a moral sense at all but I'm not taking the next step and anointing them as techno-patriots who deserve credit for technological innovations. The smarter, better run companies can evolve and survive but that doesn't morally justify the acts that bring that on. At the end of the day, those who pay are still subsidizing the entertainment for those who don't. Which isn't a big deal either, shit isn't that expensive, and it's just entertainment anyway, our "pay if you want to model" isn't the worst thing in the world. I just wish people weren't so disingenuous about it.

Edit: And I've actually found that I enjoy stuff more if acquire it legally. There was examples in previous threads about this about "that guy" from college who made it his life ambition to burn EVERY movie ever, but never even seemed to watch them. I think there's something to that.

Last edited by molson : 05-22-2012 at 01:14 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote