View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #1506
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Merry Christmas to all!

12.25 Summary

Good week overall. Got in a full seven days at the fitness center, including yesterday. Sleep was erratic though, a couple days I almost woke up too late to get my cardio time in. I'm hoping to tighten that up soon.

Had some problems with minor spasms/throbbing pain in my left thigh after Wednesday's squats. It's gone for now the last three days, and I'm hoping it was just a fairly random thing that doesn't return.

Last night was a significant temptation -- lots of Christmas goodies available at work. Had a little difficulty resisting but I didn't indulge. Of course today is Christmas dinner and then leftovers for a few days after that.

By the Numbers
Weight: 304.1(-3.2, -28.9 overall)
Pushups(W1C1): 5 max(--), 35 reps(-2)
Crunches(W1C1): 13 max(-2), 83 reps(+2)
Squats(W2C2): 26 max(+6), 200 reps(+5)
Cardio: 19.65 mi.(+3.05), 3520 cal.(+520), 150 HR(+3)
Next Milestone(300): 4.1 lbs to go.

Great week weight and cardio-wise, pretty non-descript on the core exercises except for a breakthrough this morning on the squats test. That tends to happen sometimes, move forward in some areas while I tread water in others. Still a strong week of results overall, no question about it.

Said goodbye to my last 44" anything this week(belt), and today is the first day I'll be able to wear my 40" pants comfortably. That's a heck of a Christmas present!

Looking forward, my schedule won't permit quite a full week for at least the next three(through mid-January). So it'll be all the more important for me to eat well, etc. For the final week of the year, any type of modest loss is a success.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote