View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #1509
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
It sounds like everyone is doing a better job resisting the Christmas stuff than I am

Well, me...not so much.

I had planned to give in a bit this past weekend, and I did. Not a big deal, although obviously I assume I'll gain some weight when I do my weekly weigh-in tomorrow.

What is a bigger deal is that I have been unable to run due to a swollen left ankle. A couple of weeks ago, I got hit on the upper left shin by a softball while helping coach during my 7 year old's practice. It put a nice knot on my shin and hurt for a couple of days, but otherwise, was OK. So I kept running on it. The following Saturday (week before XMas), Caitlin nailed me in the lower left shin/upper ankle with a 50 MPH drop ball. That one took a chunk of skin with it and left another knot. It hurt, but not bad enough to stop me from running. I ran 6 miles the next day and another 4.5 a couple of days after that. Not a biggie.

Well, the next day at work (Wednesday), I felt my ankle tightening up. Turns out it was badly swollen. I've kept off it as much as possible, taken Advil, iced it down, wrapped it, etc., and it's still swollen almost a week later. I've got that beautiful line of dead blood cells at the bottom of my foot too.

I had already set up a Dr. appointment about my shoulder for this Thursday, so I guess I'll be adding my ankle to the list. So I'm probably looking at a couple of weeks with no running, at a minimum. This ankle has been broken before and I know I have some loose pieces floating around in there, so I'm kinda worried they're going to tell me I knocked some more bone off. If that's the case, I'm fucked. But we'll see.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-27-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote