View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #1517
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Good, self-aware plan there hoopsguy!

Summary

Well, my first day after the 'rest day' experiment, I've tentatively got to lable it a huge success! I was more flexible, felt more limber with more energy, and the max tests speak for themselves. I think I was probably overworking myself, if today is any kind of indication.

As mentioned I did overeat this week, but that's over with and I'm back into rhythm now. Full steam ahead, this is the year for me to break the vicious cycle!!

By the Numbers

Weight: 303.5(-0.6, -29.5 overall)
Pushups(W1C1): 6 max(+1), 36 reps(+1)
Crunches(W1C1): 17 max(+4), 83 reps(--)
Squats(W2C2): 33 max(+7), 211 reps(+11)
Cardio: 17.05 mi(-2.59), 3070 cal(-450), 146 max HR(-4)
Next Milestone(300 lbs.): 3.5 lbs. to go!

So yeah, new highs across the board on the core exercises, and it looks like a couple weeks left till I hit 300. As I've mentioned, I'm right about where I have been the last few years weight-wise, but in such better shape overall.

I expect a lot to drop off this winter/spring the way my body's burning it right now. It's gotten to the point where as long as I keep exercising, it's literally just as easy to lose weight as it is to gain it. On the other hand, that actually makes the little temptations to eat more harder to resist in some cases, because I know it won't take me a week to get rid of the calories in a candy bar(or whatever). But I'm committed to staying strict until I hit my goal ... which is about 95 lbs. away yet.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 01-02-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote