View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #1519
hoopsguy
General Manager

So my 5K goal is to run at a 7 minute mile pace for the 5K. I'm not sure exactly how fast I can do it now, but I know that I was at about 9.5 mins/mile on an outdoor course a couple of months ago. Since that time, I've been working on running faster on shorter treadmill stints. Hopefully five months or so is enough time for me to be able to improve ... guess I'll find out in the coming months.

Last week I ran my first 6:30 minute mile since high school, although comparing treadmill vs outdoors feels like apples and oranges. Still, a 6:30 minute mile felt like a good time for me and was pretty challenging. I hope to be lowering that to 6 minutes sometime next month.

Today I ran a 5K on the treadmill at 9 minute/mile pace. Pretty easy, overall. I'm planning to try and lower that number by 15 seconds each week until I can't do it anymore. If I have the opportunity to run a 2nd 5K during the week (instead of just 1-2 mile runs focused on higher speeds) then I'll do one of the runs with an incline of 1 at a little slower pace to see how I hold up.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 01-02-2012 at 11:06 PM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote