View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #1526
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Fucking juicing man. This shit seems like it's going to be expensive.

I just spent like...$40 bucks on fruits and veggies. Have to see how long it lasts me and how full it makes me and such.

Probably should have got a book and like...investigated and stuff before I went out and bought stuff I guess hmm?

I don't necessarily want to move to 100% juice or anything, but I want to make it more than like...a hobby. Maybe just juice on weekends for breakfast/lunch or a couple days during the week.

Need to figure this out.

It gets real pricey for sure if you don't use the pulp for other things. I wish I would have known about the Ninja when I started this over a year ago as it basically turns everything into a smoothie with no leftover pulp. Still you can try what we now do below with a regular blender. (no longer juicing)

2 cups no sugar added Cranberry juice combination (Pomegranate, Acai, Blueberry, etc)

1 1/2 cups of cut up Broccoli (varies I just cut it up into the blender until it comes up just above the juice line)

Blend until the it takes on a smoothie consistency.

2 handfuls of fresh Spinach (repeat blending process)

2-6 Collard green leaves (depends on the size of the leaf, basically 2 handfuls if cut up)

Blend again until smooth.

Once you get past the color and consistency it actually tastes good, you can also add a handful of Blueberries too. Makes 2 10-12 ounce servings and gives you roughly 5 servings of veggies between the two.

I drink one in the morning and another mid afternoon. Has saved us a lot of money over straight juicing, plus we are getting the fiber you would lose if you don't use the pulp.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-08-2012 at 10:00 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote