View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 11:33 PM   #337
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The next question I need to deal with…who is going to be my ST moving forward?

Babacar in 12 starts and 5 subs in Serie A, 6.74 rating, 3 goals, 6 assist

Crivellii in 7 starts and 5 subs, 6.72 rating, 2 goals, 1 assist

Neither are doing well. For a team in the 2nd spot, normally your ST would have a massive great rating.

Ozil – 7.19
Berardi – 7.21
Politano – 7.14

See?

Now, the transfer window has lifted and I have…5.3 mill in kitty. I could bring in someone now to start and grab the best one. Who is available for 5 or fewer mill? Note that many starters and future starters were more than 5 (Karius 6 mill, Arena 6 mill, Rubio - 8 mill) but if there is a cheaper option I’d be all over it.

I begin searching for EU national STs that are transfer listed.

Mariano Díaz Mejía over at OL? He is coming free at the end of the next 6 months so I could just sign the 28 year old now. He’s the best that is available on the TL list…

Check out the comparison

Mariano is green to Babacar’s blue. Babacar is better at defend physical, vision and tech, and Mariano is better at mental and aerial and they are tied at speed and attacking. Not someone that is that much better than Babacar. Babacar is probably the same quality of player.

The next best one is 27 year old English/Irish Nathan Redmond. I scout him out.

Alright, what about players that are wonderkids that I could bring in and develop that cost 5 mill or fewer. None that are listed obviously but any that we might want to bring over?

I found a great potential 17 year old Belgian St named Tristan Hamon inn Belgium but the starting offer is 74 mill.

Holland’s Robert Visser? Too pricey

Amadou Mamadou from Germany and Mali? Too expensive

Italy’s Axel Lascala? Nope Paolo Stefani? Nope

Hmmm…that’s not working. Bring in Mariano and see if he catches fire? Or do I look for a loaner? The best EU Loanee is nowhere near where I need to be.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote