View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

There are two parts to a "push" model. The first is stat information as you mentioned, and I agree there is a balance. You at the least want to give some priority to guys on my team. For example, I may not want to see when every RB reaches 5,000 yards, but I do probably want to see when a guy on my roster does it. I don't want to see when someone else breaks their team's record for rushing yards in a game, but I do want to see it when someone does it for my team. And I want to know whenever any league-wide record is broken. I should also be told when someone clinches a playoff spot (or have a "playoff race" window shown to me after each sim as we near the end of the season) or other key season milestone.

And yes, configurable is probably good, as you don't want this stuff interrupting your 20-season quick-sim run to build history.

The other place where "push" is important is in the actions you as a GM have to do. I should not need to wait until I click "export" to find out that there's someone "Out" on my team who needs replacing in the depth chart. When it's time for me to do something, I want two things in front of me: notifications of all the big events that just happen (the stats stuff mentioned above), and a list of all the things I really should take care of before advancing (guys injured/suspended, guys healthy, guys who need resigning, etc). It should be HARD for me to miss something I need to do, not easy to overlook it.