View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #16
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Another question - is Steam a little like a country club? Right now, there's no way I can call my buddy Gabe on the phone and get his advice and support. But if they let me in, is it a more interactive process? Like they'll feature me if I put on a sale coinciding with training camp opening? Or is this still largely out of my control?

Indie platform confessional: Steam, Humble Store, Apple, Android | Joystiq

Has some answers on what it's like to work with Steam once you have a game on it. It looks like requesting promotion at a certain time is something you'd be able to do, though with limited space for midweek and weekend deals I wouldn't want to guess at how successful it might be. From a recent update it looks like they added an easier way to request to be part of their week long deals which do offer added visability, though not as much as the midweek deals.

As far as success of sports text sims on Steam it's a pretty big range between Football Manager often having more concurrent players than any non-Valve title to OOTP peaking at 182 and Franchise Hockey Manager still stuck in Greenlight limbo 4 months later