View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #44
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I have added another coach into the mix. Shannon Elliott will be taking over the Washington Huskies.

Now it's time to take a look at coach expectations. I have broken this down into hotseat ratings. While there will be other ratings in the long run, for the time being, there are only cool and average hotseat ratings.

GWAL Coach Hotseat Ratings

Cool Hotseat Ratings

Marty Simmons (Evansville) finished a surprising 9-9 in the MVC last season, including a couple wins over the big 4 teams. With the recruiting class he had, I'm expecting bigger things this season.

Dan Muller (Illinois St.) was the MVC coach of the year last season and got the MVC their only postseason victory, coming in the NCAA tournament. No doubt his seat is very cool.

Greg Lansing (Indiana St.) led the Sycamores to a big win over a top 5 team in the regular season last year, but didn't see the benefits of it from his recruiting class. I still think they can go back to the NCAA's.

Patrick Hutt (Northern Iowa) led the Panthers to the MVC tournament title last season, but had 1 of the bottom 3 classes in the MVC. With the talent they have coming back, they should still compete for the MVC title again this year.

Barry Hinson (Southern Illinois) had the 2nd best recruiting class in the MVC last season, and 78th best in the nation. I've always liked Barry (how can you not after his passionate rant about his team in real life earlier this year.) With that recruiting class, a .500 MVC record is very doable.

Gregg Marshall (Wichita St.) won the regular season MVC title and put together a nice winning streak in MVC play last season. They should be in good shape to win the title again this year, whether it be the regular season, MVC tournament, or both.

Average Hotseat Ratings

Alex Donovan (Bradley) just missed the hotseat this season. I have a feeling he can do something with that roster, so he's gonna get a chance again this year without having to worry about his job. He has to stay out of the cellar though.

Randolph Childress (Drake) was a couple games under .500 in conference play last season, and 3 games under .500 overall. I'd like him to build on that and get those records to .500 or better this season.

Jawouk Bafou (Loyola Chicago) really had a nice first season with Loyola in the MVC. While they only won 4 conference games, that was about 3 more than most fans expected them to win. Now to keep building on that, and not slip back into the cellar of the conference.

Score Galore (Missouri State) also just missed the hotseat. Worst conference record, worst MVC recruiting class.. so what is keeping this guy off the hotseat? 4 returning players that all have a chance to finish 1st team or even second team all-MVC.

Non-GWAL Coach Hotseat Ratings

We have 5 new coaches to this dynasty, all of them choosing to coach non-MVC teams. These coaches will have their fate in the hands of the AI. I will not decide whether they are fired or not. Let's take a look at those 5 coaches, who are all average ratings right now.

Kuji Chagulia (Florida Atlantic)
B.B. Gunn (Hawaii)
Rudy Arellano (Kansas St.)
Cillian O'Reilly (Maine)
Shannon Elliott (Washington)
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote