View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #45
sabotai
General Manager

1/12/2015: Friendly (H): Win 3-1 vs. SV Gödig.

1/18/2015: Friendly (H): Win 5-0 vs. Ismaning.

Because the last transfer fell through, I went out and got a prospect who can contribute right away. A 19 year old D(C) from Ghana named Isaac Donkor who we bought from Inter. Right now he's a 2 star player but a 4 star prospect and we're paying him $5.25k per week.

1/24/2014: Division (A): Draw 1-1 vs. Braunschweig. Back to the grind.

1/27/2014: Division (H): Draw 2-2 vs. Gladbach. It was 1-1 within 5 minutes, 2-2 within 20 and then a stalemate from then on.

I started practicing a 4-2-3-1 tactic ("AM Triangle"). Lauth is capable of playing the AMC role, so my thoughts are that I can switch between this tactic (when I have Lauth start) and go back to my 4-1DM-1-2-2 tactic with Bobby Shou Wood starting. I'm hoping switching between tactics like this might throw off my opponents....doubt it, but it's worth a shot. It's going to take awhile training the tactic though so it won't happen soon.

1/31/2014: Division (A): Draw 1-1 vs. Wolfsburg. Grinding out the draws. At least Bochum is grinding out loses.

That fact the team from Turkey that I turned down keeps trying to lure Sabusi away (they are up to $2M now) tells me that I really should just keep him.

And now they are up to $2.5M....these guys aren't giving up. I counter with a $5M offer. They come back with $2.7M now, I got them up to $4M, $1M over 12 months and 30% of the next sale.....

I couldn't pull the trigger. That's screaming to me that he's going to be a star. I hope I don't regret turning down all that money...

And now they are offering $6M upfront with 30% of the profit of the next sale...

Then they offered $7M.....I think they got tired of negotiating, though. I countered with $10M and they walked. Again...I really hope I don't regret turning down that money. In fact, I'm suffering from non-seller's remorse right now. What was I thinking? $7M for a 15 year old! Damn it!

2/4/2014: Division (H): Lose 1-3 vs. Schalke. I decided to just try my new tactic against Schalke since I figured we'd lose to them anyway. Despite the score, I think we played better than I expected.

2/8/2014: Division (H): Lose 1-4 vs. Augsburg. And we played much worse than I expected in this one.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-25-2014 at 09:55 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote