View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 10:02 AM   #11
Umbrella
High School Varsity

The draft is complete. We submitted a draft strategy to the GM, so I'm not sure how many picks were skipped, and not 100% sure of the correct order, but here is my best estimate based on draft strategy of my picks.

1. George K Nash - I had him high on my list because I have a kingmaker from Ohio who is a moderate, and need someone from the same state and same ideology. Nash fit the bill, even though he's not great. Actually, nobody I got is great, so we'll just leave it at that. Nash was a governor of Ohio IRL.
2. Hiram R. Burton - One of the two politicians I could draft without worry of losing my pick. Served as a rep from Delaware.
3. Edward Gillette - The second of the two politicians I could draft without worry. He only served one term in congress IRL, but was a political activist. Perfect for my faction.
4. Joseph W Fifer - Probably my strongest overall draft pick, although that's not saying much. Served as governor of Illinois IRL.
5. John E Jones - An interesting pick. Technically, he's a member of the blue (other) party, but IRL he was a member of the Silver party, which I've never heard of. He's far left, and has the party switching trait, so I took a chance to draft him, and succeeded. He was born in Wales, and served as governor of Nevada.
6. Frank Morey - At this point, I'm to my last line of draft instructions, which is the highest rated politician with the civil rights interest. Fought for the Union, moved to Louisiana, where he became a representative for the state. He also received a random trait, provincial. This helps with local elections, but hurts in national ones. Like this guy was ever going to be president in the first place.
7. Clinton L Cobb - Representative from North Carolina IRL.
8. Phineas C Lounsbury - And I am now just picking up the scraps. Served as governor of Connecticut.
9. Adin Capron - Another Union soldier, and representative from Rhode Island.
10. Dwight M Sabin - Served as senator from Minnesota. Also negotiated a big contract involved prison labor. He doesn't feel like he should be in my faction.

That's it. Pretty underwhelming draft, but I suspect there will be a lot of that for me. Now I have to decide who is going on the career track, and which track.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote