View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 05:12 AM   #850
Edward64
Head Coach

Missed out on RBLX on Lathum's bad advice re: buy limit at $50. But ARKK bought 500k shares for about $36M. She also sold FB which I think is a good call. I personally don't see FB innovating like the other big tech companies. I would feel better if she sold a lot TSLA and got it down to about 5% (vs 10%) of portfolio.

I've got ARKK in several IRAs spread out, I'm at -5% and -8% down but there is one account where I'm down -18% ... must have bought that when ARKK was at the high.

Quote:
The ARK Next Generation Internet ETF ARKW, -0.36% bought over 500,000 shares of Roblox RBLX, +54.44%, the video-games developer that surged 54% in its trading debut on Wednesday. The position, worth $36 million, amounts to 0.47% of the Cathie Wood-managed fund, according to the trading position data posted on ARK's website. The same fund sold nearly $18 million worth of Facebook FB, -0.32%.

I'm down about -11% with Bumble but good news after the bell, so it should rebound some. The concept of dating app tailored for women just has to do well IMO.

Quote:
Bumble Inc. stock rose nearly 5% in the extended session Wednesday after the dating-app operator’s first quarterly report as a public company showed narrower losses and bigger revenues than analysts expected.

Bumble BMBL, -0.62% said it lost $26.1 million, or 1 cent a share, contrasting with earnings of $17.2 million in the year-ago quarter.

Revenue rose 31% to $165.6 million, from $126.3 million a year ago, the company said. Bumble said it ended the quarter with 2.7 million paying users, a 32% increase from the fourth quarter of 2019.

Analysts polled by FactSet had expected Bumble to report a GAAP loss of 9 cents a share on sales of $163.3 million.

And APPL where I do have a major position is stuck in a funk so far this year.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-11-2021 at 05:32 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote