View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 05:53 PM   #93
revrew
Team Chaplain

wishbone -- As Eyore said, "Thanks for noticing." I just moved and my service was interrupted. But we're now back on the air! And back to the story...

I hesitated as I unfurled the calculator tape. If the Rebels made $128 million, I'd have my $50 mil to give to certain, unnamed Family members. If worse came to worse, I still had a bankroll of $6.5 million to make up any difference.

Of course, if the Rebels didn't make the moola, I'd be due for a little "accident."

I had to read the tape twice. I counted the zeros, just to make sure there were seven of them. There were. Seven zeros...with a 13 in front of them. O, blessed, unlucky, glorious number 13! Put such a lovely number in front of seven zeroes, and you get $130 million!

We needed to make $128 mil, and we made $130. Hastily, I cut a check to my bank for $50 million in small bills. It took a while to get green assembled, but three telephone booths, two cell phone calls, one man in sunglasses and a red baseball cap--and one car trunk--later, I had paid my second installment. One more year's lease on life. And one more $50 million dollar installment to make.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote