View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #20
Autumn
Head Coach

Tyketime, I think I speak for all of us in saying that we really, really want new players, and so having someone new come along is not a burden at all. It's fantastic to see someone trying it. We all were newbies at some point.

At times in the past we've had problems with people getting really emotional about the game, yes. It seems to me that we've gotten past that, I can't recall any issues in the last slate of games. You definnitely have to go into it reminding yourself not ot take it personally - someone's likely to call you a liar at some point in the game, and you just have to remember you very well could be if you get the right role.

If you end up a villager, tyketime, you can always ask the other villagers in thread for advice, or PM the moderator. People are always glad to explain the conventions in the game, what's expected, blah, blah. And if you're a wolf the other wolves will give you advice in private message. I remember being really cautious about jumping in my first game (which was actually that Rome game discussed above), but it's really perfectly fine to do so. The worst thing that happens is you get lynched ;-)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote