View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 04:41 PM   #418
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
You're coming on pretty strong, Chief.

Now, my old role was called "newly converted werewolf".

Lol.. hey pot! I'm kettle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This is the crazy world that we're in now where supposed good guy Chief is now defending the vote history of bad guy Chief. It's odd that you're attempting to make your votes seem reasonable when you acknowledge you were a bad guy at the time. I assume you dispute the theory that you were helping Henry, yet you don't say so here. Were you, as a bad guy at the time, trying to defend Henry-at-the-time?

I don't see a real reason to be cagey about your time as a bad guy. The new bad guys are aware of how many of them there are, but the good guys are in the dark. The new bad guys can share with each other what their previous roles were, so they know how many switched sides. The good guys knowing who was working against the good guys in the previous timeline helps make sense of what was happening in thread. The good guys having a better idea of how many bad guys there are in the game helps the good guys. The argument that somehow we're giving info to the bad guys if the previous iteration of bad guys is revealed seems iffy. No one, including presumably Chief's fellow ex-villagers, know if there are other bad guys in the game. And no one at all knows what roles people have been re-assigned to, so nothing revealed about the past timeline reveals anything to the bad guys about the new one. Presumably every single person in game will claim that they are now a good guy.

All that to say, I find it odd that Chief, a very clever player, would not take advantage of his sudden switch to empower the good guys. I think we have to consider the idea that he claimed to have changed sides but did not, and is being careful to not say too much to back himself into a corner.

vote Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote