View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #33
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Well, let's have this discussion and get it over with then.

I appreciate the appraisals of my mad skillz and all, but when I first saw the rules, my initial thought was that if I had been Apocalypse I would be first off looking for players who had demonstrably played bad guys admirably.......that list would have names such as Alan, Blade, Anxiety, Ardent, Swaggs, RA on it. I frankly didn't think of just names in the 'second tier' of players, where I might place myself along with about 15 of the other players who are in this game.

For the record, Apocalypse apparently doesn't agree with this sentiment that I would be a great choice for an accomplice.

So to sum up, this is probably a dangerous line of thinking, since there are 5 out of at least 20 viable candidates. If we have a seer or someone who can clear me, let 'er rip. In the meantime, I would like to find a bad guy.

You originally said the higher profile players need to be looked at. To me that means people who are constantly the topic of discussion in every WW game. Blade, Lathum, Hoops, Barkeep, etc. I completely disagree that someone who is a high profile would make an ideal pick for Apocolypse because as we found out in a few different games (Tombstone comes to my mind where Hoops, Lathum and Barkeep were the 3 badguys to start), sometimes having a setup with high profile players is a curse as they are targeted early for seer scans, witness following, etc.

You just now listed a few people who I don't view as high profile players, but instead are the people whom I think would be good choices. Very solid players who often stay out of the limelight like yourself, Swaggs, etc. That is what -I- would do if I was Apocolypse. In fact I had already decided if I ended up being Apocolypse the people I would choose would be Swaggs, Sackattack, Eaglesfan27 and Jonathan Ezarik. (no offense to everyone else, thats just who my list would have been).

Maybe I am completely wrong if you and Spleen think that Apocolypse would pick high profile players, then others probably do also (And perhaps the person who got picked to be Apocolypse agrees and did so). I just know I wouldn't have done that and I fully assume with this number of people, at least one if not more of that group will be scanned/followed/something tonight.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote