View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #77
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
+1. I think Shaq was in that game (although with a different name of course). When I was in Japan I picked up the Japanese version which was reskinned to be an NBA game... except they didn't change any of the rules so it was basically a college basketball game with NBA teams.

I also had the PC game that was the precursor of that... it was a three-on-three half court game starring Michael Jordan. I don't remember what it was called, but I played the heck out of it.

From the same era, and I think much less regarded, Super Play Action Football for the SNES was one of my favorites. The in-game stuff wasn't great, but I loved that you could play NFL, college, or high school season play all in one game and they actually felt like different experiences.

Yeah, in Australia we had a "pro" version of NCAA basketball too, except they weren't NBA teams, they were just generic teams, like the Seattle Breeze, etc. I played the heck out of it.

I also had a PC game precusor, Road to the Final Four. It was a proper NCAA game which included all the rosters for whatever NCAA tournament year it was released in... Like early 90s, 94 or something.