View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #23
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

I started my own weight loss plan at the end of last October. I'm 5'11" and at the time I weighed 215 pounds. In the previous year before that I weighed as much as 240 pounds at times.

In October I started mainly cutting out most of the junk food I used to eat. Just cutting back on what I ate allowed me to lose 20 pounds or so over the course of the next two months.

In January of this year I started jogging 3-4 times a week. I'd always tried to incorporate excerise into my lifestyle, but I found it difficult to stay with most routines I tried. However, I found I enjoyed running and it made an absolutely huge difference. Over time I got to the point where I was running two miles almost everyday over the summer.

Since I started running I've been able to get my weight down to 165 pounds, which was my goal starting out. Physical activity is really the key to weight loss (even moreso than diet in my opinion). Once I started running I could eat substantially more and still continued to lose weight. Not having to deal with constant hunger pains definitely allowed me to succeed when previous attempts to lose weight had failed. So I strongly recommend to people that are trying to drop a few pounds to try out different activities. If you find one that you enjoy and can stick with it will definitely help you reach your goal.

Last edited by TargetPractice6 : 09-11-2006 at 07:43 PM.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote