View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 08:27 PM   #396
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August 20, 3066 – The next day, we contact the militia and leaders of the planet. After Duke Essex meets with them for some time, including the industrial Maltex Corporation, they make some announcements.

First, by virtue of their invasion of the area, Errai is being annexed. They don’t have any options about that. And Blake is taking over the ComStar controlled HPG station as well, and getting 50% of the product from Maltex, and K&C and the Coalition get the other 50%. Sort of, we’ll talk about that in a bit.

Anyway, the local militia will continue as is, and join a unit we’ll bring things together.

Meanwhile, we’ll leave behind Delta Regiment for now to help garrison the world.

We have another conversation to have though.

Duke Essex sits down with Col. Thomas, CO of Harlock’s Warriors.

“I still don’t get why Errai had just you here. Even in a Civil War, that doesn’t make a lick of sense. Your unit, green on paper and in the battlefield, has the wrong machines and tactics for planetary defense, the wrong experience, and could never hold this world by yourself.

Then, add in the fact that Errai is on the border with both us and the Combine, as well as a valuable economy and a military-industrial complex that not only produces mechs, but also gives a lot of value to anybody who has it, and is in the middle of a Civil War where you don’t want the other side to take it.

Why are you here? Why isn’t there another unit? I don’t get it.”

But of course, Col. Thomas has no idea, he only took over the unit around 2 years ago, and they’ve been on Errai since 3058. We let them head back to the Federated Commonwealth, after taking enough mechs to bring our salvaged total to 20.

We don’t get it either. It seems like someone made a bad choice.

1st Errai Militia – 50 tanks, 1 regiment of infantry, 20 mechs we captured, mechs are green, other units are regular.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote