View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #35
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I also am very disappointed in the lack of customization. Like I said before, I will probably end up buying it but I am underwhelmed. Things like position switches, long snappers, red flags, chemistry and MP are all almost completely off my radar when I play. I like the changes to the coaches and their new function and will have to see how the coach draft plays out. Obviously AI improvements are nice and a fix to the WR problem is great.

This is just my personal opinion, but this quote from Jim was disappointing:

"That's on the possible list. I try to avoid discussion that involves competitors because I think the market works best if we all develop independently. Which means there might well be common functions I don't include, and functions I do include that no one else considers."

There is not a whole lot of competition he needs to worry about when it comes to pro football text sims, but there are plenty of other text sims where the developers have come up with great functions that could and should be borrowed/built upon. There is nothing wrong with both coming up with your own unique functions and also keeping up with the strides the industry has made.

JG took a lot of time off and the genre has moved on without him. Now he is jumping back in and it feels like he is way behind the curve.

Perhaps I am asking for too much, too soon....I wish him the best and a successful release of course!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote