View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #38
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I feel like SI games still require too much wading to get to information though. I think OOTP got worse after the initial merger and never recovered from it. I think the same thing would happen to FOF.
I'm generally in this camp as well. I've tried to get into FM but my dislike of soccer and the complexity of the game just makes it to daunting to play as a casual gamer. I think OOTP has generally made good strides after initially becoming too complex of coming back to the pack. I know some will say that that FM and OOTP are just like being a GM -- but most of being a GM is mind-numbingly boring.

I've always enjoyed Jim's approach better. Could there be a bit more flash and immersion? Sure. But I'd a nice engine over a rear spoiler and racing stripes any day.

If there is one thing I don't get it's the customization factor. To me, football doesn't have the historical factor that a sport like baseball does to justify what OOTP does. At one point I could have named all 25 members of the '27 Yankees, but I doubt anyone could name two members of the '29 Packers. The current NFL format of 32 teams is absolutely perfect right now, which is a big reason why the NFL doesn't want to change it.

I get that people would like to play historic seasons and take over expansion teams. That was admittedly a favorite feature of mine of early FOF versions. But I don't feel like it's omission means I'm missing anything.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote