View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 12:21 AM   #430
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
My wife is a big Fallout fan and was really excited to play this one given all of the hype leading up to it. She bought it when it came out and said she was very disappointed. She felt the game was boring and just could not get interested in the story or the characters.

I watched a fair bit of the game via several different YTers that are regulars for me.

The thing that jumped out to me from the outset was how bad the AI could be, even worse than the Bethesda Fallout issues that are familiar to anyone who played those games much.

There's an early scene involving you talking to a particular NPC and you potentially being attacked by some baddies as that happens. The NPC literally never reacts to anything that's happening, not even if they attack her directly ...and that pretty much killed any chance I'd ever bother to play it.

It was simply TOO immersion breaking, and without immersion, there's no appeal for me.