View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 08:27 PM   #381
Ironhead
College Prospect

In the past two weeks:

Casablanca (8.5/10) - Definitely a classic. The storyline was a little predictable, probably because many movies since has tried to use the same formula, but the movie had so many great lines and scenes. The actor that played Captain Renault stole just about every scene he was in.
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest (9.8/10) - Just a great piece of cinema. There is not a single person in the movie that I could single out for having a poor performance, while I could single out several for having oustanding performances. This movie immediately jumped into my Top 5 movies.
Rear Window (8.0/10) - This might actually be the first Hitchcock movie I have seen but I liked it a lot. Very well acted and played out.
Sin City (7.0/10) - The segment with Mickey Rourke was pretty enjoyable and the way the movie was put together was impressive. However, the movie was a little too violent for my tastes. That being said I think that was probably an accurate depiction of the books.
Underworld (5.0/10) - I really wasn't very impressed. I would not recommend it for a rental, but if it is on TV and you are bored it might be alright. Just too many "blah" characters and a pretty "blah" story as well.
Sideways (8.0/10) - Enjoyable if not slightly depressing characters and a very good performance by Paul Giamatti kept me very interested. You are never really sure where the story is going to go in this one and it is fun to just enjoy the trip.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote