View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Purrloin is a bit underwhelming because it starts with the 40 damage move Scratch rather than the 50 damage move Tackle. I assume it will get the 60 damage Bite soon, which will be a STAB move for it, so it will deal a lot of damage, soon, I hope.

Back to Route 2 after some healing.

I face my first Pokemon Trainer battle in the wild and lead with Snorts. He plays a level 7 Patrat. I start with Ember. It takes little damage, so I slide to tackle and deal more. It gets off crit hit a nd knocks me to red. I go first and tackle it. I gain a level and move to 9. Snorts learns Odor Sleuth.

I fight another a short while later. She has just a Purrloin., but I forgot to swap out my Pokemon and I’ve got that wounded pig. I manage to beat it because it used Assist and Leer and I tackle it, and grow to level 10.

A quick trip back to reheal and I am out on the road. I lead with my new Purrloin, Scatkat. I want to see how she does in battle.

Ratters gains a level, but Scatkat is doing horribly.

After returning, Scatkat manages to level to 6, and gains the move Assist. I will be using it in the next battle. It uses one random move from you party’s Pokemon. I use it twice and get Odor Sleuth and Tail Whip not the best moves. But then I get Bite, but its against a dark Pokemon Purrloin., so it’s not that effective. Then I win by crit hitting it with Scratch. Rough.

A third trainer sees my Scatkat turn assist into Bite against his Lillipup and it does some serious damage. It manages to ko my kat just before I take out his, so I toss out Ratters for the XP and knock out.

I find a Poke Ball and Potion. Bianca finds me at the end of the road and attacks me to battle. I lead with Snorts. She leads with Lillipup (level 6). I clear it out and gain a level. I keep it in for Snivy. Ember takes it out.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote