View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Gym Battle vs Lenora

She has just two Pokemon, and tosses down Herdier. It uses intimidate on my Snorts, lowering my attack before battle begins. I use Arm Thrust. I hit the level 18 guy twice. He uses Leer and lowers my defense. Arm Thrust hits four times and lowers him badly. Then he uses a major attack, and I was busy typing, so I don’t know what it was, but the recoil killed him, and he took me to 6 hp. I am now level 19. He is sending out a guy called Watchog. I switch to Foudre. Watchog is level 20 and I have my work cut out for me.

I start with Charge. It takes me out in one hit. I order Feldspar out. It will take half damage from normal attacks. It uses hypnosis to put my Feldspar to sleep! It uses crunch and gets lucky with a crit, and then it uses it again. Feldspar is out. Lazyeye is up next. Crunch takes me out (forgot it was dark). Next is Lolligag. I use a fresh water to heal Snorts. Lolligag is not put to sleep by Hypnosis due to its special ability. He uses retaliate and takes me down to red, I use Leer. It lowers the Watchog’s defense. I want to prepare it for Snorts. Snorts goes out. He leads with Hypnosis. It hits – 60% chance of hitting, and it does. I use Awakening. He follows up with Leer. A retaliate takes me to red, ad Snorts almost kills it, taking it to red as well with Arm Thrust. I switch to Chatters. Lenora uses Super Potion. I use Fresh Water next turn. It takes out Chatters. Back to Snorts. My only living Pokemon. He uses Leer. Three hits from Arm thrust later Watchog has fallen. Snorts levels up to 20. I choose not to learn Smog.

We have won! Whew! I got 2400 yen. I win the Basic Badge! I get TM67 Retaliate. They warn me that Team Plasma is outside trying to steal some bones. I save the game.

I head back out. Lenora and her husband, the AD are confronted by some Team Plasma goons. I run up to help out. They want the dragon skull from a giant statue of bones. The 6 of them drop a smoke screen, steal it and head out. I head out.

Castelia City’s Gym leader, Burgh, swings by while Lenora and I are looking for Team Plasma. Bianca and Cheren pull up as well. We split up to search, and I’m, to head to the forest with Burgh. Bianca gives me a dowsing machine, given to her by Fennel for me. I use the machine to find a Revive in the ground. I buy 8 Super Potions, 3 Net Balls, 5 Antidote, and 3 Awakening. I head out. I need to level my Pokemon, it’s clear. The forest will give me a chance to do that.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-08-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote