View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I just finished it, and it took 11 minutes and 36 seconds to read, according to my stopwatch. Here we go

Synopsis of The Sealed Casket

The story opens with a quote from The Eltdown Shards telling the story of a demon captured by a wizard. Then we move to our main character, Wesson Clark. He is studying an ancient casket on his desk. The small casket is described, with a large lead seal with ancient writing on it.

We learn that Clark seduced the wife of an antiquarian named Martucci. It is implied that Clark may have had something to do with Martucci’s death. Martucci left the item to him and bid him to not open the seal, but to keep it safe as he had done for 30 years. Clark thinks this is rather silly, since there could be something valuable in there.

After some difficulty, he manages to get the seal off intact. He suspects that the writing could have some value as well. The casket is older than locks and has no such device, so Clark opens it up but sees nothing inside. While he’s trying to digest this info, there is a breeze in his locked office, and the beginning of a powerful odor. He moves to leave, but hears a sound as something moves between him and the door. He realizes that this must have been a trap set by Martucci. The invisible snake thing moves up and wrestles with him, constraining hum and he feels himself being pulled into out.

His house has burned down and Clark is dead. Neighbors say they heard a whistling and something breaking out of the house before the fire began, but are dismissed. Clarks body is found, with all bones crushed and drained of all blood.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote