View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 11:22 PM   #162
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year – RB Walter Gohl – Despite a weak year in blocking for us, Gohl was still 5th most in rushing yards in the league and 2nd most in rushing TDs. And this isn’t exactly a guy like DeMarco Murray, you know? As of right now, our scouts place Gohl as the 14th best RB in the league. (Murray dropped to 51/51, so we cut him at precisely the right time, btw). To get these stats, on a pass-happy team, that didn’t give him great blocking, is pretty good stuff. Good job buddy! Gohl just fits us. And cheaply! We have him signed through 2021, this is just his 5th year he’s 25 years old, he’s a solid 54/54 guy and he’s a 1.98 cap hit this year)

Defensive Player of the Year – DE Cesar Velazquez – Velazquez pulled a Satre. What do I mean? He led the league in two key stats – sacks and QB knockdowns. He was a force of absolute disruption in the backfield and a key reason we went 14-2 in the regular season. My D Line has gone from a regret to a joy.

Special Teams Player of the Year – WR Justin Blackmon – Had another really good year returning the ball. He just continues to give us really good field position after our opponents score and we need momentum back. That hidden yardage really adds up!

Rookie of the Year – WR Joshua Wild – Virtually every rookie I signed and drafted either was inactive or so deep on the chart that little happened, with two exceptions. WR Wild and Crawford. Wild rocked a solid and respectable 12.95 yards/catch and 5 scores. Can’t argue with success!

Heart Award – WR Donnie Crawford – For a late round pick with little value behind four very good wideouts, Crawford did surprisingly well. When your 5th WR had 6 Tds during the year, that’s something worth spending some time giving out accolades. Thanks Donnie!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-13-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote