View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #178
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Whoa!

We got an A+ draft report. That doesn’t happen. Let’s look at my rookies!

We have 2 on the Green Page:

OT Myron Starks is the 4th lowest player on the Page, but he’s there. RB Rivers is on there too. Two other RBs chart more highly than Rivers, all were taken in the 2nd round.

Early rookie impressions?

RT Starks – 23/66
RB Rivers – 43/63
FB Chorak – 21/50
QB Schaefer – 8/47
TE Hillery – 21/42
WR Fahey – 19/40
MLB Greer – 17/32
CB Hanks – 23/49
CB Horn – 15/33

So we had a lot of 40s potential in there. But OT Starks and RB Rivers appear to be really solid investments. Again, this is early days, but that looks promising.

Let’s move to Late FA

I have a hold out. SLB Courtney Upshaw.

I didn’t use a lot of money in draft stuff, so I have about 3 mill in spare cap room to extend Upshaw. I don’t have enough cap space to extend him, and I still need to sign more folks.

I need a 4th S on my roster. I make a vet minimum offer to bring back FS Tate.

I am way too far up against the cap for normal offers…

I can make some cuts though. Like RB. Even if Jose Rivers busts, I can comfortably drop a RB now for cap reasons. I cut RB Matthew Dorsey and QB Edgar Estevez.

I cut OT Sherrod to clear up cap space, but it’s a risk. He’s my O Line leader, but has no conflicts or affinities. My new leader is OT Glenn. Uh oh. I have three conflicts with him. He’s just a backup OT mentor guy. I cut Glenn as well. I make an offer to a veteran, mentor, OT that can come in and I make an offer to RT Terrance Richmond, 37/37; 7 years old, from the Bills, to come in. He’d be my leader, and mentor to OTs, and OG Tinkis and OT Starks are happy about that too.

I make an offer to UFA C Luis Dillon and WLB Lukas Schmadl

There are a few UFas that look really good I’m steering clear of for affinity reasons (22/49 TE Raymond Malio) and a logjam at the position (FB 18/52 Corbin Poole)

Week 2 – We sign C Dillon, FS Tate – I bump up my offer to WLB Schmadl to fend off competition

Week 3 – I sign RT Richmond. WR Van Linn agreed to teams with Seattle

Week 4 – WLB Schmadl is coming to Jacksonville

Anyone else out there that intrigues me?

Not really. I would re-sign Upshaw, but I’m pissed at the hold out, I’ma make him wait.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote