View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 09:28 PM   #185
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2020 Regular Season

Week 1 – We travel to Houston to face the Texans in our opening game. We win 41-38. But, we have some bad news. Hold on though. MVP is Blake Bortles who has 32 of 44 for 312 and 1:0. RB Gohl caught that scout, and was 20 for 49 yards and a score in the ground. RB Brooks also had a rushing scores. With my offense just accounting for 3 scores, how did we get 41 points? RB Brookes had a 67 yard punt return for a score. DT Quentin Grossman a 8 yard fumble recovery for a score. Then add in 2 FGs, and that’s our 41 points. Pick by S Tavon Wilson, DE Velazquez and DT Hover with forced fumbles, 2 sacks by DE Velazquez, picking up right where he left off from last year’s Defensive MVP Campaign, 1 sack by Grossman. 3 KRB for backup OG Brandon Linder.

Next week, CB Hopkins will return to our lineup.

Multiple major injuries from the game though:

FL Joshua Wild is out for 3 weeks with a hyperextended elbow
CB Janoris Jenkins doubtful with pulled groin
RG Deoin Theo, doubtful with abdominal straing
QB Blake Bortles, questionable, strained quads

That’s not good.

I don’t want this season to be injury-apocalypse. I toss on inactive roster everyone but Bortles. Linder, Hopkins, and Allen Robinson are starting again.

Week 2 – We host and crush the Lions 38-10. Bortles injured, is still MVP of the game with 27 of 38 for 234 and 3:1. Lee has 10 catches 105 yards and 2 scores. RB Gohl carries the rock for 124 yards and 2 scores 20 carries, and backup RB Brooks rocks 12 for 68 while spelling him. TE Skip Hillery catches the final score. CB Bryan Meadows with 2 picks and S Wilson with one. Sacks by DE Butler, DE Willis, DE Velazquez. 5 KRB by C Pearson, 4 and a pancake by Satre. 3 by Linder and Goldhammer.

Bortles was upgraded to probable.

Week 3 – We host the Bills and send them back losers 24-13. Defensive Player of the Week and Game MVP is DE Velazquez with 9 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and 1 hurry and 3 knockdowns. He was a force all game long. 2 sacks by DT Hover too. S Iloka grabbed a pick. OG Satre had 3 KRB and another pancake. Bortles was 25 of 36 for 3:1, Golh was 14 carries for 59 yards, and Lee was 7 catches for 132 and 1 score, WR Robinson rocked a TD Catch as well as RB Hutchins, our 4th guy, just in for Wild and normally inactive. I mean Bortles will hit ya. Last week is was 3rd strong rookie and 7th rounder TE Hillery with a score. Have two hands? Are you standing? Bortles is going to nail you for a score. And one of those is negotiable.

New injury – DT Quentin Grossman, questionable with a bruised sternum for 6 weeks.

No one is coming back yet. I’ll leave Grossman in for now. He’s pretty key to our D Line.

Week 4 – We host the undefeated Bengals and win 27-10. Bortles was again MVp with 26 of 37 for 303 and 3:0 – WR Roman Fahey, our 6.32 rookie and 5th WR this year was 10 catches for 150 yards and 1 score. WR Robinson was 7 for 81, and FB Wheatley and WR Lee had the others. RB Gohl rocked 15 carries for 115 yards. Picks by CB Hopkins and Meadows. DE Velazquez added 2 sacks and 2 knockdowns, and S Iloka notched a sack as well. OT Goldhmamer with 4 KRB.

More injuries:

WR Lee is out for with a pulled calf muscle for 4 weeks.
TE JR Delaroche is out for 3 weeks with a concussion
RB Reggie Brooks is out for 2 weeks with a strained abductor muscle.

Coming back:

TE Kelce

I’m bringing WR Wild back one week early too.

That’s it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote