View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 04:42 PM   #198
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s enter free agency!

So, looking over my roster, here are the major players in the final year of their deals:

QB Blake Bortles
TE Travis Kelce
DE Kenneth Butler
CB Janoris Jenkins
LT Cedric Goldhammer
RB Walter Gohl
RB Reggie Brooks
QB Raul Hall
CB Bryan Meadows
LS Grayson Johnstone
RG Deion Theophilakos
CB Bryan Meadows

Do you remember when I drafted Deion and Cedric and mentioned that was a winning draft? Well, now it’s not. Cedric wants a pay upgrade from 2.6 mill to 8 mill this year, and it goes up from there. But he hasn’t played into it! Deion wants to bump to 2.5, and then 3, 3.3, and 3.7.. That’s not bad actually. Waiting on him worked out, in case I want to re-up him.

Blake Bortles signs a four year extension. It drops his cap hit from 25 mill to 19.5 this year, 19.9 next, and then 21, 23 and 26. That’s done and we can move on.

I need to get some cap space ready, because next year? These are the major players with contracts in the final year of their deal in 2022:

SE Marqise Lee
OG Marquis Satre
DE Cesar Velazquez
FL Joshua Wild

And then we have starters OLB Upshaw, FS Wilson, SS iloka, K Bernard, DT Hover, MLB Ward, P Bridgeman, WLB Branton, and backup DE Glen Willis. That’s a major year next year.

So I can’t do a lot of shopping this year in FA< because I want to save cap space for next year.

I want to bring back TE Delaroche but he wants 5 mill a year from the start, Sorry buddy!

None of my other RFAs are in the mix right now.

Of my UFas, the only one I want to bring back in Brandon Linder again.

So let’s work on the deals for this year’s expiring talent.

Here are my needs for FA:

1). Resign CB Bryan Meadows, if possible
2). Look at trade possibilities for Goldhammer
3). Figure out what to do with Theophilakatos, which can wait until post-draft if needed
4). Grab some depth at LB
5). Get a better backup at QB than Raul Hall,
6). Figure out TE Travis Kelce
7). Try to come up with a long-term RB plan.
8). To sign, or not to sign, DE Kenneth Butler, who had a down year last year.
9). Is it time to en-youthen one of my Safety positions? Both of them are 31 and in their 10th year in the league.
10). Find good, cap friendly deals as always
11). Are there any roster-defining studs that may change the plans?

Let’s begin!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote