View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #199
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I begin by looking over the FA market to see what’s there. The best player is injured 67/67 5th year vet Giovanni McNeil, who has a repetitive concussion syndrome. That might be a good opportunity later, to take a flyer on.

We then had 66/66 MLB Perry Farley, and 63/63 DE Cameron Jones (11th year vet though, yuck).

I’ll take a gander at pricing later, but for right now, there are no lights-out sort of players for us.

I shop Goldhammer. Who is interested and has the cap space? The Packers, 39ers, and Giants are all really big fans. Doesn’t look like I can get too much beyond a 3rd rounder for him. So I turned a 1st high profile guy into a 3rd? That’s not good value. Ugh. But it’s worth it. I want to get the 2/5 from the Giants by offering Goldhammer and my 3rd, but I can’t get in a few more picks (like a 5th or anything) for it. Hmmm. The 49ers pick 2/14. What can I give up for that one? I try my 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th. But nothing.

I hold off for now. I can get a 3rd later after I look over my roster more.

Meadows increases his cap hit from 1.3 to 7.2, and then 8.8 and 9.57. And this is for a guy that’ 51/51. His pick production was 1, 5, and 9. His pas defe was 8, 13, and then 7. Did he get lucky this year? I am going to hold off. He might be the sort of player htat you keep for another year, go to FA< and then resign for a lot less dollars. And I can’t lock down a cap hit next year of 8.8 mill when I have to resign all of my other dorks.

Kelce wants to go from 6.6 this year to 6.8 and then 7.8 and 8.2. Again, I think he might be someone who’s price will drop after hitting FA.

And if not, that’s okay. I traded for two years of a stud TE and I can move on.

I want to take a look at RB, LB, and QB in FA to see what sort of folks are running around

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote