View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #265
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June is here

SPAIN –

We have a major international game in June:

June 11 – Semi-Final vs England for International League

Unfortunately, my best DC< young Vallejo, is suspended for a game.

I use this as a chance to modify my squad a tad in a few places

1. I pull 32 year old Sergio Busquests. He’s nice, older, experienced, and good tactically. But Age is hitting him. I call up Sergi Darder, a DM for OM and 27 years old, just two caps. He’s better for me moving forward
2. I don’t like him, but as a temporary stop-gap, I call up DC Marc Bartra. I’ll wait, but DC Dani Perez is almost ready for the main stage, but I want experience in the England game, not untapped youth

Man Utd defeat Monaco to win the Champions Cup 3-1. We were the only team to push them. We took them to penalties in the knockout round, then in the waters they defeated Juventus 3-0 on aggregate, and then dropped six goals on Paris St-G in the Semis. We beat them 3-1 in our place

We made a sweet sweet 20 mill in tv revenues from the Champions Cup

We sold more Jae-Hwan, them Ricardo, then Dong-Hyuk, then Grealish, then Mance gear

David Vazquez has a very high works with youngsters rated as a coach, so I offer him a deal to help with the U19 Spain squad.

AS Monaco make an offer of 30 mill for Mance. No thanks. His agent wants an improved deal so I offer one. 6 teams have him on their shortlist

C Ronaldo won the Golden Shoe.

SPAIN VS ENGLAND

Welcome to Wembley Stadium

I slide over DC Ramos to start with Martinez and Duarte, and then I have Isco, Koke, Gaya, Olmo and Asensio in the midfield, and ST Morata and Perez out front.

So basically the same slate of players as before . We slide to countering. Do’t forget that England just won the Euro. This is a very good squad. And Spain is in a little bit of a rut. We have a huge amount of fresh talent in the 18-21 range, but they just aren’t good enough to make it onto my squad yet, Dani Olmo at 22 is the main young exception. So I am holding serve until I can start bringing in some talent.

Today is Isco’s 50th cap! If you’ll recall we sort of limped here with ties against Serbia and Poland and then another tie vs Poland and a win vs Serbia. Here we go!

The early stat line doesn’t impress me. Martinez gives up a PK in the 7th ,and then two goals in two 9th and 32nd. I pulled back to defensive after the second goal, but the 3rd still followed. But we are still in it. England’s only hit on 4 shots on target ,they’ve just hit hot. Half time. Show me something else!!! DC Ramos with a booking in the 55th minute, the first by either team all day long thus far. And then ST Morata on a counter feeds fellow strike-mate Perez for a shot on goal in the 58th minute, and we are on the score board. I massage our plans. A bit of give and take ensues, and then England souls ST Morata in the box and gives us a PK, and Asensio sinks it in the 68th. And now its 3-2 and this is a game again. At this moment, we have 9 shots, 8 on target, to their 12 and 5. We are in this. I send in DC Jorge Mere for Martinez. Then in the 74th, England gest a one on one opportunity vs De Gea and finishes it. 4-2. DC Darder replaces DC Ramos. Final sub is Oliver for a tired Maya. We lose 4-2. Can’t fault your effforts you fault hard!

Holland beat Italy 6-3 to set up a final match between England and Holland

Ramos is out with 2 yellows

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote