View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 05:10 PM   #290
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

SPAIN vs GREECE

The easiest way out of this group is to win it and avoid playoffs. That gets us qualified For the World Cup next year. Greece just blew up Hungary 6-1. They have one game left to play, today, vs us and are 3 points behind. If we lose today, and then lose again vs Estonia, then Greece will get out. We have to finish what we started or all of the fireworks of our collective wins heads out the window

With that understanding, I have all of my heavies today:

GK De Gea, DC Vallejo, Perez, Duarte; ST Morata and Perez, AMC Mata, MCs Isco and Koke, Asensio and Gaya on the wings. Now, we have players tired, jaded, and in need of rest, but I don’t care. We need to win today. No one takes the day off. Today is Morata’s 50th cap. Pick up where you left off! We have Greece here in home, which helps. At the 4:01 mark, Asensio finds Morata for his first goal of the game. Mata finds him in the 8th minute for another score. Things ease back to normal. Lots of misses GK sves, and Greece bounces a ball off our crossbar once. Then they foul ST Perez in the box and….Morata’s PK is pushed aside by their Goalie. Then Mata finds Perez for a score in the 44th. 3-0 half. I send in Jose Vicente Corral for Maya, and Thaigo for Isco early, to help save them. Serg Darder for Koke. Greece gets a goal off a corner in the 87th, but they handballed and called off. We win 3-0. Yeah we did! MOM is Mata

With a game in hand, we qualified and we now have to focus on other stuff.

Spain qualifies for the 2022 World Cup.

Normally I wouldn’t start, but with a heavy like Spain I want to begin to build my WC Squad now.

I may cap some youthers in the next few games to see what they have, starting with….Estonia

SPAIN VS ESTONIA

Today I make a few changes to my roster:

DE Gea and same DCs start

ML Corral, not Gaya
MR Asensio is tired, Oliver starts
MC Thiago and Dardi for Isco and Koke.
AMC Dani Olmo
ST Morata and youther 22 year old Alfredo, let’s see what the kid can do

This is Alfredo’s first cap, and Corral’s first start.

Pick up from where you left off! Alfredo to Morata for a goal in the 31st. Thiago on a FK to Vallejo, who hoofs it to Duarte for a score, Half. Keep it up! Corral finds Morata for a goal in the 53rd. Olmo for Dani Parejo. DC Mere for Perez. They score in the 79th. Corral is banged up and I send in Asenio. We win 3-1, MOM is Corral

Corral is out for a few days with a gashed head

Spain rises to 5th on the World Rankings List

BACK TO UDM

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote